Where Science & Nature Blend Beautifully
Where Science & Nature Blend Beautifully
(Click On A Tab And Scroll Down To See Information)
Reveal Skin Care
Located In Amazen Day Spa
502 S Green St, Morganton, NC 28655
put your face in trusted hands
More About Our Services
More About Our Services
MicroNeedling is used to create microscopic injury into the skin at a minimal depth. Our Registered Nurse uses a pen-shaped Medical Device which has a sterile, disposable head that holds 12 very fine needles in a circular pattern. The device slides along the skin, penetrating the upper layers of the skin to create numerous tiny wounds. This prompts the body to heal the skin by creating new collagen and elastin fibers leading to increased firmness and tone in the skin, as well as a thickening and plumping of skin which reduces scars, wrinkles, and fine lines. Before the procedure a numbing cream may be applied to lessen discomfort. Additionally, collagen-stimulating Hyaluronic Acid or lightening Vitamin-C serum may be added.
Although very effective it is relatively inexpensive when compared to other procedures such as Laser or Surgery. Depending on the condition treated, Needling is recommended in a series of three to six treatments 4-6 weeks apart. Downtown is minimal (some redness may last 24-48 hours) and sun exposure should be minimized. Also, Medical Micro-needling is safe to use on all skin types and all skin colors. There is no risk of post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
1. What should I expect? - Prior to treatment a topical numbing cream will be applied. Once the treatment begins, the technician will glide the microneedling pen across the skin. Treatment sensations can vary but is most often described as light sand paper moving across the skin. There is a possibility of some pinpoint bleeding during the treatment. The treatment generally takes anywhere from 30-45 minutes, depending on the treatment area. After your treatment hydrating serums are applied. Your skin may be sensitive and red, similar to a moderate sunburn, for 12-24 hours. It is important to stay well hydrated after treatments and carefully follow a skin regimen recommended by your technician.
2. How many treatments are needed? - This will depend on the degree of the problem and the clients expectations (number of treatments usually range from 3 to 6). Sessions are often spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart.
3. What changes can be realistically expected with Collagen Induction Therapy? - Microneedling Collagen Induction Therapy will usually make the skin smoother, fresher and improve fine lines around the eyes, mouth and cheeks. It will usually improve acne scars. Skin texture and brown marks will also improve in most cases.
Microcurrent is capable of facial stimulation, sending soft, gentle waves through the skin, tissues and down to the facial muscles. Microcurrent has been shown to stimulate ATP production. ATP is known as Adenosine triphosphate which drives the creation of key structural proteins, such as collagen and elastin, and is the biochemical way to store and use energy.
This increased ATP also energizes the facial muscles, similar to how exercise energizes the muscles of our bodies. Unlike anywhere else on the body, the facial muscles are directly connected to the skin, so the result of energizing the muscle is often an improved, lifted appearance
During a dermaplaning session, the Medical Esthetician uses a medical-grade scalpel to scrape (not cut!) across the surface of the skin. The main reason people do it is to remove the vellus hairs on their faces, also known as peach fuzz. Peach fuzz can appear almost colorless, blonde, gray, or brown (or the same color as the hair on your head).
Dermatologist Rosemarie Ingleton, M.D., says that it can be tough to get rid of these hairs with typical hair-removal methods like waxing and threading, which makes dermaplaning a better option. And laser doesn’t work for blonde and gray hairs. Dr. Ingleton also states, “When you’re shaving you’re getting just hair, but this goes just a little bit deeper than that.” The brightening effect on the skin is immediate, and it can help skin-care products sink in better and makeup go on smoother.
While it might feel like getting rid of these hairs is easy to at home with a $2 blade, professionals warn against it. Any blade you get from the drugstore won’t be as sharp—or as effective—as the medical-grade scalpel used at the office. Also, there’s always the chance you will cut yourself in the process, causing scarring.
Ultrasonic is actually Sound Wave which vibrates at a very high frequency impacting the skin cells that contain collagen. This also increases oxygen to the cells and aids in the removal of waste. The skin is instantly energized, exfoliated, and firm. Also, Ultrasonic increases product penetration; for example Vitamin C serum used for hyperpigmentation is actually Micronized and goes deeper into the skin cells where it can be most effective. Sound wave also breaks up and lifts dead skin cells and impacts oil accumulation. In summary, Ultrasonic works by:
1. Lifting and tightening the skin by stimulating skin cells to create more collagen which firms the skin.
2. Removes dead skin cells thereby exfoliating the skin layers and revealing more hydrated and softer skin. This also leads to better absorption of products put onto the skin like serums and hydrating products.
3. Diminishes excessive oil and debris from the skin leading to cleaner and smaller appearing pores, decreased Milia (those hard little white bumps under the surface of the skin), and improvement in Acne and breakouts.
LED or Light Therapy uses Crystal Diode Lights that utilize specific wavelengths of light to treat the skin. It is ideal for Acne and has many applications for Anti-Aging improvement. Specific wavelengths of light target Acne by leading to the creation in the skin of oxygen radicals that kill bacteria without harming healthy skin cells. Unlike Benzoyl Peroxide and other product ingredients that can lead to dryness and peeling or can actually cause Free Radical damage (one cause of aging in the cells), Light Therapy also targets the oil glands to reduce the inflammatory substances that play a role in chronic Acne. For Anti-Aging, Light Therapy replicates photosynthesis deep in your cells (like plants do when exposed to Sunlight) using the cell’s own ability to build protein. In this way Light Therapy stimulates Collagen and Elastin which firms and tones the skin, improves the texture, increases moisture, repairs damage caused by sun exposure, and increases cell energy which repairs the cells and diminishes the signs of aging. LT can also lessen the redness and inflammation associated with Rosacea.